Storing For Winter
- Empty fuel from tank.
- Fill fuel tank with fresh fuel treated with “Fuel
Stabilizer”, a gasoline additive to prevent fuel system and carburetor
- Run engine for a short time to circulate additive
through fuel system and carburetor. Turn off fuel valve if so equipped.
- Remove spark plug and pour about 1/2oz (15ml) of
engine oil into cylinder. Replace spark plug and crank slowly to distribute
- Disconnect spark plug wire.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery
terminal on units so equipped. Charge battery before storing.
- Completely clean machine for storage. If a lawn mower,
make sure to clean under cutting deck. Lubricate all moving parts and use
rust preventative on all metal parts.
- Store in a clean dry area, never on a dirt floor as
this causes rust.
Spring Start Up
- On lawn mowers, sharpen cutting blades.
- Check air pressure in pneumatic tires if so equipped.
- Install new spark plug and hookup spark plug wire.
- Attach negative battery cable on units so equipped and
- Drain engine oil & refill. Change oil filter if so
- Install new fuel filter if so equipped.
- Turn fuel valve on if so equipped.
- Install new air filter(s).
- Lubricate all moving parts.